Accidentally hitting a utility line during a project can lead to costly repairs and create hazardous public safety situations. Digging in the wrong place can also lead to unnecessary delays and costs for your project, and ultimately, your company. Avoid this disruption with the rugged and durable Amprobe UAT-600 Series, designed to accurately pinpoint underground utilities and buried services up to 100 feet deep with accurate depth measurement to 20 feet.
The locating kit comes complete and ready for use with a Transmitter, Receiver, test lead kit, batteries and additional fuses, all in a mobile, protective duffle bag. The UAT-620 kit also includes a Signal Clamp for transmitting a signal when it is not possible to make electrical contact with the cable to be traced. For applications where ground fault locating is required, use the UAT-600 Transmitter in combination with the optional A-Frame accessory.
- Locate energized 50/60 Hz cables carrying current
- Identify the location of all metallic utilities: pipes*, energized and de-energized cables
- Trace individual pipes* or cables (energized or de-energized)
*Tracing of non-metallic pipes and conduits is possible after inserting metal fish tape or cable
Three testing modes for wide range of applications
- Passive power mode (50/60 Hz) – tracing energized lines conducting current (no Transmitter necessary)
- Passive radio mode (RF) – using surrounding radio waves to trace underground utilities (no Transmitter necessary)
- Active mode using UAT-600-T Transmitter
Three active modes using the UAT-600-T Transmitter
- Induction – the Transmitter will automatically start to radiate a signal around it using an internal antenna, used for tracing individual cables where there is no access to the line to connect test leads or a clamp
- Direct connection with test leads – the most reliable method to trace individual cable or a pipe
- Clamp (Included in the UAT-620 kit, optional for the UAT-610 kit) – provides an efficient and safe method of applying a locate signal to a cable, where it is not possible/safe to gain access to a cable for making an electrical contact
- 2 frequency options: 8 kHz and 33 kHz
- Locate non-metallic pipes and sewer lines
- Take depth and current measurements
- Measure voltage, resistance and output current
- Advanced locating with two people
- Locate ground faults with the optional AF-600 A-Frame accessory
Stop compromising time and safety. What truly sets the UAT-600 Series apart from other underground locators is its CAT IV 600 V safety rating. This allows you to safely connect the Transmitter directly to an energized line up to 600 V in a CAT IV environment. Previously, if a crew needed to trace a specific electrical line by transmitting a signal through it, the line had to be de-energized first, adding time and reducing productivity.
There are no reviews yet.